As 2020 draws to an end, we know we’ve added a lot of new readers. So, squeaking in for very last minute Christmas ideas, here is our last Meet the Team, Christmas 2020 edition!
We wrap up with Hayley, our administrative assistant and staff writer, answering her own questions!
1. What are some books you’d like to give this year?
Picture Book: I’m giving my nieces The Simple Art of Flying, but then I found out my friends hadn’t read Narnia —so they received The Lion, the Witch, and The Wardrobe instead!
YA: I might or might not have influenced the gift of R. J. Anderson’s newest novel, Nomad, for a YA reader I know.
Adult nonfiction/other genres: If my mom hadn’t already read Trevor Noah’s memoir Born a Crime (see our gift books for grownups list), she’d definitely be getting that for Christmas!
2. Now, what book would you like to receive?
For a while, I’ve been wanting to read two more books by Diana Wynne Jones. (She’s a favorite author of mine.) This year, I happen to know that her Reflections, a book on writing, and her satire, A Tough Guide to Fantasyland, are under the tree with my name on them 🙂
3. What is a bookish gift you like to give (or receive!)?
I love literary t-shirts from Out of Print. I’m looking forward to surprising a brother and getting another one myself this Christmas.
4. Moving beyond gifts, what is an audiobook you have enjoyed recently? Hard question, but I’d have to say Terry Pratchett’s discworld series, as well as Agatha Christie mysteries. Also, I’ve been chuckling over snatches of P. G. Wodehouse as my mom listens to Audible at the end of the day.
5. Finally, most book lovers know the quote, “I can’t imagine a man enjoying a book and reading it only once.” What is a book you have recently re-read?
6. Bonus question! What’s a favorite stocking stuffer in your family?
Growing up, chocolate oranges and pomegranates have been favorites. . . and gummy candy never goes astray. (Yes, I do have a sweet tooth, how did you guess?!)
Merry Christmas from Redeemed Reader!
What books or bookish gifts are you planning on giving this Christmas? And what books would you like to receive? Comment below to join the conversation!
Support our writers and help keep Redeemed Reader ad-free.