Kid Beowulf by Alexis FajardaSeptember 14, 2016
Newbery Buzz Discussion SeriesSeptember 17, 2016
In lieu of our former “Book Bits” and “Web Newbery” posts, we’re going to share a bit more of our personal reading lives with you, dear reader. Please note: these are books an individual is currently reading, not a “review” or “recommendation.” Today’s author: Betsy.
The Virtual Nightstand:
The Actual Print Books: (NOT the books I read/review for Redeemed Reader)
- Divided by Faith: Evangelical Religion and the Problem of Race in America by Michael O. Emerson and Christian Smith. An interesting look at exactly what the title says.
- The Feminization of American Culture by Ann Douglas. Fascinating look at American literary history and how sentimentalism grew in popularity.
- Boice’s Commentary on the Psalms, vol 1. Such a wonderful blend of devotional reading and theological study! Highly recommend this series.
- The Storybook of Science by Jean Henri Fabre. (reading it to kids and myself at the same time)
- No More Perfect Kids by Jill Savage and Kathy Koch.
Listening To: (it counts as reading!)
- The Fellowship of the Ring by Tolkien. (whole family is listening to this on audio)
- The Tale of Despereaux by DiCamillo. (kids and I are listening to this on audio)
- Barefoot Books Podcast. Lots of traditional literature (mythology, fairy tales, folk tales) well narrated. Great fun for both kids and me!
I’d love to hear what you are reading right now–this very day! Share your current engrossing read in the comments and let’s learn from one another.