Sometimes, it’s hard to pick out a book for a book-lover. What if she already bought herself that book? What if he has already read that series and moved on?
These are the sorts of questions that stymie our own families when it comes to giving us books for Christmas. Sure, each of us here at Redeemed Reader has actual books on our Christmas wish lists. But the items below look like terrific fun, too! Consider this a list of bookish Christmas gifts that we ourselves think would be fun to give or receive.
Note: amazon links are affiliate links; all others are not. We are participants in the Amazon LLC affiliate program; qualifying purchases you make through affiliate links like the ones below may earn us a commission. Unless noted otherwise, we have not personally tested the items listed below.
Bookish Christmas Gifts for the Whole Family
General Book-Related Gifts
the usual suspects, but still terrific gifts if you and yours are in need!
- Kindle (these are quite helpful for travel, even though we all still prefer print books for our regular reading)
- Book Darts
- Book Light (these are terrific for kids who share rooms, especially when one has a later bedtime than another)
- Fun Bookshelf (this is a good size to mount on a wall near a bed for those treasured bedtime reads)
- Fun Bookends (you can find so many fun book ends, but we like the novelty of this one! It’s advertising your reader super powers)
These are just two options; we recommend “test-driving” new cookbooks via the library if possible.
- The Little House Cookbook (Mmm…. Hope it includes lots from Farmer Boy!)
- A Literary Tea Party (we agree that books and tea are perfect accompaniments)
These are some of the mugs we think are the most fun of the many options available.
- “We’re all mad here” (from Alice in Wonderland)[note: credit for image above to this shop]
- Literary First Lines
- “I’m silently correcting
- “Nothing But Tea” (from Jane Austen)
- “Yes, I really do need all these books” (Of course!!)
General Bookish Christmas Gifts
These are all inspired by our favorite hobby!
- Literary Tea Bags (pair with one of the mugs!)
- “Just One More Chapter” pillow (famous last words…)
- “I read past my bedtime” keychain (*coughs* still true for us adults….)
- “I still believe in 398.2” necklace (raise your hand if you know what lives at this Dewey Decimal address!)
- Pride and Prejudice Christmas Ornament (if you’re willing to desecrate a book, this is an easy idea to make at home)
- Personal Library Set (for the retro types who miss those old library cards; bonus: the date stamp can be used for lots of other things, too!)
- Bookish Candles (you’ve heard of “new car smell”; now you can have “new books” smell, “antique books” smell, and even “ancient scrolls”!
- My Minature Library kit: Create your own tiny library with 30 storybooks you can actually read (plus book case!).
The Rabbit Hole for Bookish Christmas Gifts
We saved these to the end because you can spend a lot of time browsing these sites. Ask us how we know!
- Litographs Bookish Christmas gifts (Betsy has a Secret Garden tote bag and a Secret Garden t-shirt; both are made well and have been great conversation starters!)
- The Literary Gift Company (Lady MacBeth’s guest soap, anyone? Lots of mugs, bookends, tote bags, and other bookish-inspired miscellany)