This week’s theme: Turning to God and Away From Sin
To further engage with the theme, here is a list of archived posts that we feel correlate with the idea of turning away from sin and towards God.
- How Long, O Lord? When Bibliotherapy Isn’t Enough – Megan reminds us that we need to turn to God Himself in times of crisis.
- Every Falling Star by Sungju Lee and Susan Elizabeth McClelland – Sungju Lee’s memoir of living under the North Korean regime and how he escaped from that life.
- Every Falling Star: A Beauty and the Beast Discussion! – Some of our staff dive further into this gripping story.
- *Ghost by Jason Reynolds – The story of a young man who learns that in track, as in life, it’s not all about speed but about what you’re running towards.
- Trial and Triumph/ *Radiant by Richard M. Hannula – Church history anthologies of men and women from all over the world in story format for middle grades and up.
- True Love – A devotion from our Beauty and the Beast month which explores the idea that we cannot fully appreciate what we’ve been saved to, unless we understand what we’ve been saved from.
- Seeing Christ in Othello: Is Tragedy Inevitable? – A deeper look at why studying tragedies can point us towards God’s redemptive love.